Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Sunday, August 24, 2003


HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN

You ever have a day where you feel like you just cant win? I'll bet they're not like this woman's. Jesus, she loses her foot and the hospital can't even replace it with another one the same colour as the rest of her!

Note to my American readers:This is where socialized medicine leads.

But oddly, this story makes me feel better about my life.

In other good news, John Geoghan was murdered in prison yesterday by a white supremecist. I'm glad about this for two important reasons:

Firstly, Geoghan is assumed to have sexally assaulted upwards of 130 children over 30 years. He was convicted of one assault. His getting iced in the joint demonstrates that yes, Virginia, there is something called justice.

Secondly, this case answers a question I've had since childhood. Are there instances when it's appropriate to cheer for a neo-nazi? It took vermin like Geoghan to demonstrate to me that yes, there are. With his death, Geoghan took the last of MY innocence.

I thought the statement by the Boston Archdiocese praying "the repose of John's soul" was cute, too. You'll notice the pointed lack of mention of Geoghan's victims. This is because the Archdiocese is currently nogotiating a 55 million dollar civil settlement with them.

And in other news, Al Gore continues his long slide into irrelevance.

All in all, I think it's been a good day.

9:42 PM