Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Wednesday, September 24, 2003


DEBATE A-GO-GO

This week is nirvana for me. No fewer than three political debates, three nights in a row. This is almost as good as free porn. Almost.

Last night was the Ontario provincial debate. Three political losers all vying to be our Premier. But since none of you know anything about it and that the debate itself was such a non-event, I won't bore you by writing about it.

I WILL, however, bore you by writing about the California recall candidates debates. I have two different scales by which I judge success or failure in televised debates; being generally good on television and actually having thought out your own bullshit political theories.On both these criteria, I neither have to agree or even like you, let alone consider ever voting for you to judge you a success. I don't hold politicians to a higher standard than I hold voters. I hold both beneath contempt. Maybe it's just me...I'm a "people person."

On the "actually having thought though their own bullshit" score, there were two winners, neandrathal Republican State Senator Tom McClintock and Tooth Fairy enthusiast, Green Party candidate Peter Camejo. The could could actually explain why they believe the insane bullshit that they respectively propose.

But no one wants to listen to policy, not while the West Wing is on in the same time slot (I wonder if they rescued Zoe tonight. She and Charlie are so cute together.) Voters want flash and bullshit. this was dominated by two people with accents that would ordinarily preclude them from being on television, psychopathic political transvestitie, Arianna Huffington and Conan the Republican, Arnold Schwarzenegger. But these two have been in front of cameras for decades.

Tomorrow night there's a debate between the 65 Democrats vying for the right to be humiliated by George Bush on CNBC. I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about that.

Current Reading: "The Years of Lyndon Johnson: Master of the Senate" - Robert A. Caro

Number of Times I've Masturbated Today: 4

Easy Listening:

"The sunshine bores the daylights out of me
Chasing shadows, moonlight mystery
Headed for the overload
Splattered on the dirty road
Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more"


-The Rolling Stones
Rocks Off

11:35 PM