|
|
Monday, September 22, 2003
|
|
FAT PEOPLE SHOULD REALLY SHUT UP!
Okay, I think that it's time for everyone to officially shut the fuck up. Particularly about how persecuted you are should qualify my remarks on this. There is still horrible discrimination against, say...Black people. Being black is something you can't really change or have any reason to be ashamed of. Therefore, discriminating against blacks (and yes, people of Texas, this does include chaining them to the back of your pick-up truck and driving really, really fast does count) is repugnant. To a lesser extent this is also true of Asians.
Picking on people due to their sexual orientation is also wrong. At this point, I'd be flattered that anyone would want to fuck me. And, given my experiences with women in the last six months, a set of sweaty balls in my mouth might not be the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Okay, I'm getting off point. But for the most part, gay people can avoid discrimination by not advertisizing their preferences. This may sound cold, but if I scream about who I'd like to fuck at work, I get fired. Buy a helmet and grow the fuck up, ok? Thanks.
Those are cases of genuine discrimination. But lately everybody feels the need to be targeted. And, to quote John Wayne, it's getting to be ri-goddamned-diculous. Fat people have decided that they need federal civil rights protection. And I thought those fucking people were supposed to jolly! Lying fucking media!
"Joseph Connor, also of Connecticut, claimed last year that McDonald's Corp. rescinded a job offer because of his size. This month, the fast-food company settled under terms both sides have declined to disclose. The plaintiff, who weighs close to 420 pounds and is 6 feet 1 inch, had alleged in court papers that the burger chain promised he could start work as soon as a specially ordered uniform arrived. But the job never materialized."
I have a couple of points on this. Firstly, 420 pounds at 6'1"? Holy Christ! I'M 6'1" and I weigh 150.4 lbs (Shit, I gained almost 7 pounds in week!) Granted, I understand that not everyone can be as georgous as me. This cat is very close to being THREE of me! And by the way, isn't McDonald's being sued for making people fat? Maybe having a guy who tips the scales at 420 isn't a face they want on the frontlines of that battle.
And when did fat people get the idea that they were so fucking special anyhow? About a year ago, some giant tub of goo decided that she was suing U.S Airways because she was made to pay for a second seat to accommodate her massive girth. Color me insane, but if you're as big as two people, you should pay the two people rate, okay? And while you're at it, try not to sleep on my shoulder on the Pittsburgh to San Francisco flight! I (used to) get laid for hours on end after I landed and no one wants to feel your drool on my body. I'm very specific about whose drool I want and where. So fucking sue me, fatty.....on second thought, forget I said that.
But the argument gets better. So much better.
"While there is little data available detailing the extent of size bias, Deidra Everett, secretary of the New England Chapter of the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance, believes there have been a few changes in society's view of the overweight. ''Society has changed its image a little when it comes to smaller large people,'' Everett said. 'It is more accepted now that a woman can be a size 12 through 18 and still be fit. Also, in the media, the whole extreme leanness [trend] is not as popular as it was six or seven years ago. So, the media is trying to show that curves can be OK.' "
The National Association of Fat Acceptance? What the fuck is that? Do they have a cute slogan, like, "We're Here, We're Steer, Get Used to it!?" I also love the phrase "smaller large people." "Smaller large people" is a phrase that plays like "a little pregnant" or "kind of crazy". You either are or you're not. Period! As to "curves"...As someone as painfully heterosexual as I, I understand the appreciation of curves. Buldges just don't qualify as curves unless I'm tracing you with a fucking crayon and I have an NEA grant!
"At most workplaces, she said, little has changed. Everett, who, at 36, weighs 460 pounds and is 5 feet 10 inches, knows firsthand. She said prospective employers have pursued her aggressively over the phone, and then suddenly changed their minds after meeting her. Stunned by her appearance, the recruiter will scan her body, pausing at the fattest part, and then look away."
'''Eventually, they'll get back to your face and give you this nervous smile that says, 'Oh, dear!' They don't know where to look. They become flustered and there is not a lot of eye contact,'' she said. ''I can't understand how people can be so judgmental without knowing who I am. It makes you feel terrible.' "
460? Now don't get me wrong....460 is an ideal weight....If you're 25 feet tall! If you're surprised at people being "stunned "at your appearance, then you're a fucking idiot! I particularly love the "pausing at the fattest part" bit. How could you not? Most people are amazed at the mavel of nature that is physics. You see a girl at 460. What are you going to think other than "how the fuck did that happen?"
You might read this hateful little screed and think that I'm being mean to fat people. You'd be right, too. I am. I would argue, though, that I'm not being half as mean as God or nature or the "Goddess" or whatever you fucking people believe in is. My words may hurt to whoever is dumb enough to give a shit about what I think but I would venture a guess that they don't hurt half as bad as the heart attack, stroke or diabities that invariably shithammer these fucking people does.
Did you know that diabieties can lead to having your foot amputated? It can. Although, that can also lead to Diedre Everett losing 83 pounds.
I think I'm ready to go to Hell now.
Currently Reading: "The Years of Lyndon Johnson: Master of the Senate" - Robert A. Caro
Number of Times I've Masturbated Today: 6
Easy Listening: "I Hate Myself And I Want To Die" - Nirvana
|
|
|
| |