Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Thursday, September 25, 2003


GENERAL, ARE YOU SURE WHICH NOMINATION YOU'RE SEEKING?

This is beautiful in ways that I'm not sure I have the words to describe. Let's say you're.....I dunno, running for the Democratic presidential nomination and have been all WEEK. And let's say that you're getting ready for your very first debate with people who have been in professional politics for a combined 36,000 years. Then some comments you made in the distant past, say an indiscretion of youth, a WHOLE 27 MONTHS ago, came out. Comments, say, like these:

"And I'm very glad we've got the great team in office, men like Colin Powell, Don Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice... People I know very well - our president George W. Bush. We need them there."

Now let's also say that one of your major opponents has started a website called, say.....I don't know, something wild like www.amiserablefailure.com.

What are you going to do tonight, you ask?

Firstly, switch parties....Again.

Or, seriously start reconsidering that whole, "I'm not a stalking horse for Hillary Clinton" position that you've taken lately.

Goddammit, I love life today!

6:33 PM