Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Friday, September 26, 2003


GOD BLESS GENGHIS JON

As I've repeated over and over again, I read several online newspapers. But even I miss stuff. I'd like to personally thank Genghis Jon for finding this. I hope he dosn't mind my pilfering his idea.

It seems that a Crossfire viewer asked host Tucker Carlson for his home phone number. In a moment of jest, Carlson gave the phone number for Fox News' Washington offices. Fox responded thusly;

"WASHINGTON — In what could only have been a journalistic blunder, Tucker Carlson, co-host of CNN's "Crossfire," gave out the wrong phone number Thursday when prodded on the show to reveal his home number.


Carlson, apparently confused, mistakenly gave out the number of the Washington bureau of Fox News Channel, which received numerous phone calls.


Viewers who want to reach Carlson can, in fact, dial the television "personality" at his Virginia home at 703-XXX-XXXX.


Following a riveting segment on his show about who's most annoying -- telemarketers, lawyers or talk show hosts -- Carlson graciously gave out his phone number to an e-mail writer who said he wanted to direct-market to Carlson some of his "junk in the garage."


Carlson praised the writer for his good idea, and co-host Paul Begala, egging him on, dared Carlson to give out his number.


"Get out your pen," Carlson said before reciting the main line at Fox News' Washington bureau.


"You can reach me there anytime," Carlson said. "That's fine. I have defended telemarketers. Feel free to call me, someone is always there."


After numerous callers made clear they had intended to reach Carlson, Fox News felt obligated once again to get the facts right and correct Carlson's error. Carlson's actual home phone number is 703-XXX-XXXX.


Thursday's hijinks were apparently the work of careful preparation, made evident in a tease before the commercial break in which Begala said: "In our 'Fire Back' segment, we'll find out if Tucker will be hearing a lot more about one of our viewers and what he or she keeps in their garage."


Now that viewers have the correct phone number, perhaps Carlson will be hearing a lot more.


For the record, talk show hosts ranked third in the 'who's most annoying?' poll. Of course, polling conducted after the show could register signficant changes."


I read this and thought "Holy Fuck! Those depraved bastards gave out a guys home phone number!"

However, Fox News backed down (maybe there is a sane person working there) and changed their post so that it merely gives out CNN's Washington offices.

Holy Christ, I was right, adulthood is just tall grade school.

4:00 PM