|
|
Friday, September 12, 2003
|
|
MAYBE WHAT YOU AMERICANS KEEP TELLING ME ABOUT YOUR SCHOOLS ISN'T THAT FAR OFF...
As you may have noticed about me, I'm not one to underestimate the stupidity of other people. This is largely because people whose opinions I otherwise respect think that I'm bright...and if they can be wrong about that, who knows what the fuck else is going through their heads. So I always assume my interlocutors may be idiots who just hide it really well.
And then came this story. A guy walks into a Food Lion in North Carolina and picks up $150.00 of groceries and pays the cashier....with a $200.00 bill. What's wrong with this picture you ask?
-The president on the face of the bill is George W. Bush. No incumbent or even living president has ever been minted on currency. Certainly not one with a 52% approval rating.
- The signatures on the bill are Ronald Reagan's and George H. W Bush's
- The serial number of the bill is "DUBYA4U2001"
- There's not only a presidential seal but an NRA slogan on either side of the president's portrait.
- On the reverse there's a portrait of the White House lawn littered with signs that read, "We Like Broccoli", "No More Scandals", "We Like Ice Cream" and "USA Deserves A Tax Cut".
-There's no such thing as a $200.00 bill.
But the cashier did the rational, reasonable thing. She gave the customer $50.00 change and wished him a good day.
Currently Reading: "The Years of Lyndon Johnson: Master of the Senate" - Robert A. Caro
Number of Times I Masturbated Today: 3 (Subject to revision. it's still early yet)
|
|
|
| |