|
|
Wednesday, September 17, 2003
|
|
WHEN PARENTS ATTACK!
Okay, it's a really slow news day. I hate it when then that happens because it leaves me with a dilemma; do I write about my own life which I am loathe to do (and not sure I can without weeping uncontrollably) or do I not write at all? I'm trying very hard to make a least one entry a day because if I stop for an extended period of time (more than say, three days) I'll stop completely. And then what will you people do? I'm well aware of how so many of you have fallen in love with my self-disgust and that if I quit, you'll have no choice but to focus on your own.
So, I consider this useless prattle (Sorry, 0phelia) a public service. And I take public service very seriously. I'm like Wesley Clark with a shitty resume and a better chance of becoming President that way.
Anyway, on with the show. I question of the judgment of most people when they decide to become parents. Most people are such titanic psychic messes that they have no business having children. Their neuroses are guaranteed to impact their children in ways that can only benefit Oprah and Jerry Springer. And Christ help us all when sports become involved.
I've always felt that the vicarious thrill that fathers get through their sons on the athletic field is deeply disturbing. It's become increasingly obvious in recent years that the insane euphoria attendant a child's victory on the field soon leads to the psychotic violence of defeat. It wasn't that long ago that one father beat another to death following a hockey game in Boston.
Now, with equality of the sexes being what it is, girls are involved. Perhaps even more perplexing than the minor public assault on the girl was the fact that the family moved to the Toronto area from the U.S so that she could play hockey "at a more competitive level." I would suggest that if your love of children's athletics is strong enough to drive you to expatriotism then you should lose custody of your children and you should be immediately sterilized. At some point society should be allowed to step in.
Maybe I'm over-reacting. I just don't think so.
Currently Reading: The Years of Lyndon Johnson: Master of the Senate - Robert A. Caro
Number of Times I've Masturbated Today: 4 (Which is odd as, if anything, I'm more depressed than I was yesterday.)
|
|
|
| |