|
|
Sunday, September 07, 2003
|
|
THE WORLD'S A HAPPY PLACE
There's just no overlooking a HIV Positive beauty pagent. Jesus, Africa has all the coolest ideas.
I'm somewhat conflicted by the whole concept. I've known people who have died of AIDS. I know the stigma that HIV brings, particularly in religious societies. Africa itself may be the most tragic place on Earth and there doesn't appear to be any end to it's miseries in sight. For these reasons, I like the idea of this pagent.
On the other hand, don't beauty pagents exist for the benefit of my penis? Okay, this may be a selfish view but it's one that I've held for years. I've always looked at the contestants lined up and muttered "want her, want her, had her, too uptight, she's a pig, want her, want her, want her." I'm not sure I can do this when each and every contestant is HIV positive. As many personal issues that I have (and they are many for they are legion), I think this is worse than playing russian roulette with my dick. This is more of a job for Kamakazi Cock. I'm not sure that even I'm that ballsy.
In other news, Saudi Arabia continues its bold leap forward into the third century...B.C. It's touching to watch.
|
|
|
| |