|
|
Tuesday, October 28, 2003
|
|
BABYSITTING AND DANCING ABOUT INFIDELITY
So my sister is doing some volunteer work because she's trying to get into law school without doing anything crazy, like going to college. This means that someone has to babysit. Luckily, my parents love their grandson or my sister would never get to be a shyster.
I have a complicated relationship with babies. I find them to be, well....Baby-ish. Anytime I've spent time with babies I've found myself telling them to "just grow up already." I would have probably considered that today but I stopped, reflected on the last six months and decided that saying that would be hypocritical. Of course, I could argue that I'm very tall and have multiple personality disorders as an excuse but I'm too lethargic to argue much lately.
My nephew is 11 months old and has decided that he likes dancing. During my little visit today, I put on MuchMoreMusic (Canada's version of VH1) and started to watch the fireworks. Jesus, watching an 11 month old, who can't walk on his own bounce his ass up and down to Elvis Presley's "Rubbernecking" is the single funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Granted, life sucks hard of late so I'm easily amused. My nephew kept dancing as the next song started. The next song is by a band called Sloan, who were called "Canada's Nirvana" (except they're only famous in Canada and not as depressing or dead.) The song was called "The Other Man" (which I recommend you all download now) and I, for reasons of my own, started giggling like a retard. Of course my parents and nephew all looked at me like a retard.
It hurts that children can't appreciate my darkly ironic sense of humor. Of course, most adults can't either.
I really hope I can start masturbating again soon.
|
|
|
| |