Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Thursday, November 13, 2003


A NOTE ON BLOG LINKS

From time to time you might wander away from my compelling text and just gaze emptily at the loveliness of my blog. Don't worry, I understand. Zombie and Rowan did a really good job on it. I still can't thank them enough. Well, I can thank them enough...they keep demanding sexual favors. But I'm no floozy. I'm a one woman man....oh shit, I forgot....I've been single for months now. Nevermind.

Wait a second, I started out with a point, I KNOW I did!

Oh yeah, so I started blogging back in May, really only expecting to impress one person. You can read that blog here and judge for yourselves. I think there are a few gems in there but mostly, it's garbage. Garbage that cost me a job that paid fairly well, too. But that's another story for another time. Basically, I started blogging because I was impressed with the blogs of a couple of friends of mine. I figured I could amuse them and it just kind of grew from there. The fact that people I'll never meet in places I'll never go come here to read this drivel amazes me constantly. If you click on my site meter, you'll see this blog is read across North America, the United Kingdom, Norway, Australia, New Zealand, France, Malaysia, Singapore and Russia.

Once I realized the scope of the people reading this, I got serious. Not about my writing, that will always suck, but about giving people something good to read. That's when I got serious about the links. You can access most of the world's halfway decent English language newspapers from here. There's some really funny little things below the news section. If you want to kill yourself you can link to ways to write a note if you want. I'm all about interactivity.

But seeing as I started blogging due to other people's writing, I figured that I'd pass along the favor. Unfortunately, I'm not a particularly talented writer. I come up with a cute punchline now and then but nothing earth-shattering. If anybody reads this blog and figures, "hey, this guy is a douche. I can do this", I highly recommend the top section of the right hand side of this page. Some of the bloggers there also write for Chaos in Motion, a really talented group of folks who occasionally let me hang out and jerk off in the corner. Three others are people I know personally and always get a kick out of. Most of the newer links come via Primal Purge, the most consistently shit-yourself-funny writing I've seen in a long time. When I grow up, I want to write like Anna.

Vanilla Sex Goddess and the Dirty Whore Diary are both funny, sensitive and well written sex tales from women (Men generally can't write sex talk as well as I do, so fuck off.) And Bloviating Inanities is a tight little blog with a new feature called "Suckwatch", which essentially blows holes in blogs that are --as a rule-- still better than mine. There's little danger of this blog ever being good enough to rate a Suckwatch review and that is probably a good thing.

There are a bunch of other blogs that I've linked and haven't yet addressed. I will, don't worry your pretty little heads over it. I'm just old and I tire easily. Besides, my audience isn't noted for it's attention span. But if you're dumb enough to want to model your writing after mine, don't. Read the people on the right instead...they'll show you how to do it properly.

Peace out.

9:23 PM