|
|
Tuesday, November 18, 2003
|
|
OBLIGATORY BLOG POST
"Michael Jackson in Disneyland
Don't have to share it with nobody else
Lock the gates, Goofy, take my hand
And lead me through the World of Self"
-"Splendid Isolation
Warren Zevon, 1989
This is getting to be a real pain in the ass to do every day without material. Granted, the Santa Barbara sheriff's Department's raid on Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch will probably provide months of laughs. But I want more details before I venture into that sinkhole of depravity. Of course, having said that, by the time I have enough details to be coherent, funnier blogs like Primal Purge and Bunsen will have written brilliantly on it and I'll yet again, look like a schmuck.
And then there's the continuing saga of "skippy's two Prime-Ministers." Prime Minister Chretien today announced that he would turn over power to Prime Minister designate Paul Martin on December 12. However, this date has changed so much over the last 18 months that it will probably change again by the time I finish this paragraph. So fuck that! It's hard being as timely as today's headlines with these demented misfits.
Then there's the death of democracy itself. That's a treasure trove of material of which Washington Heights, Utah is merely the most recent example. The Mayor was actually chosen in a crapshoot. I should really be the last one to throw stones, having been chosen Maximum Leader of Honduras in a circle jerk back in 1986. Ahhhhhh, the good old days.
And finally, I'd like to state for the record that lesbian kissing is not "disruptive." In fact, its adorable and something the schools should spare no expense in promoting and encouraging. I could use this opportunity to post the Madonna/Britney kissing photo again, but I'm think I'm getting depressed again and I don't have the energy.
Oh, I almost forgot. The Massachusettes Supreme Court just ruled that gay marriage is a constitutional right. I wrote a fairly long post on this on June 15 after the Ontario Court of Appeal ruled similarly. You could read that here. Or not. Why anyone would care what I think about anything is beyond me.
I should write about my adventures with suicide soon. That would be fun.
|
|
|
| |