Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Tuesday, December 16, 2003


CONSISTENTLY WRONG SINCE 1146

Oh goodie! If you teenagers know anything about me, you know that I've been waiting with bated breath since Sunday to learn the Catholic Church's views on Saddam Hussein's capture.

I'm sure none of us are surprised to learn they feel that it's a bad thing. The Church (which I belonged to as a child) holds fucking retarded views on most things-like telling Africans that condoms don't protect you from HIV-but the party line on Saddam wins a special prize.

"Cardinal Renato Martino said he had felt pity watching video of "this man destroyed, [the military] looking at his teeth as if he were a beast '".

Yeah, poor, poor Saddam. It's getting so you can't be a genocidal maniac anymore. I particularly like the "as if he were a beast" part. The Ba'ath party regime is conservatively estimated to have murdered 300,000 of it's own citizens since 1979. You can also count the million Iranians and Iraqis killed in Saddam's ill-advised war against Iran from 1980-88. "As if he were a beast" indeed.

"Seeing him like this, a man in his tragedy, despite all the heavy blame he bears, I had a sense of compassion for him."

Wow, "Sympathy for the Devil." Who knew the Church was so hip? Bounding bravely into 1968 as they are.

Isn't that sweet? I guess the Cardinal remembers fondly Sadddam's threat to "burn half of Israel with the fire" of chemical weapons. The Vatican's official policy on Israel and it's history of Jewish relations isn't that different from Saddam's.

It's nice to see that the Church continues to piss on the United States generally and the Bush Administration specifically despite the fact the fact that it was democratically elected (okay...sort of democratically elected.) That's something that the Saddam and the Pope have in common. Neither was elected in any recognizable sense of the word and neither is in any way accountable to their followers.

God, I can't wait to attain some political power so I can tax those motherfuckers.

11:08 AM