|
|
Thursday, December 04, 2003
|
|
THE INTERNET: BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER
As a man who is interested in waves of the future, I knew the promise of the Internet early on. I've developed what I hope to be life-long friends online and the longest romantic relationship of my life began in the Yahoo Religion 1 chat room. I knew from the beginning that the Internet would bring together people of common interests from the furthest reaches from the planet.
Imagine just ten short years ago, if you wanted to have your penis cut off as you watch and be murdered, slaughtered and eaten by a crazed German. How would you find someone who would want to cut off your penis as you watch, then slaughter you? Without getting married.
It's good to see the Net realize it's potential. It's a beautiful thing. Besides, I love it when I'm right about stuff. It makes me feel pretty.
It also goes to show what a great learning tool the Internet is. I mean who knew that Germany has no law against cannibalism? I'm not suprised by that or anything, I just think it's a neat thing to know.
|
|
|
| |