Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Tuesday, January 13, 2004


BREAKING NEWS THAT AFFECTS NO ONE OTHER THAN ME

It appears that I have a job.

Yeah, go figure. First interview and it looks like I got it. I walk in, take a bunch of ridiculous tests that serve only to prove that I have a working knowledge of the English language (HA! Fooled them AGAIN!) and all of a sudden, the president of the company comes out and takes me to his office, sits me down and tells me how wonderful I am.

We talk about what I want. This is an unusual but very, very good sign. This is an industry that usually gives less than a fuck what prospective employees want. Then he tells me they may very well have a position that would entail more responsibilty than I've ever had in a setting I've never worked in. I'll know more next week.

I guess my nasty habit of dressing better than the person interviewing me pays off sometimes.

Here's how I looked at the interview.



It would be a lot more impressive if Brad Pitt's head were there as opposed to mine, I know but we all play the cards we're dealt.

Now all that's left to do is haggle over money. I think they're impressed enough that they'll give me lots but who knows? Things have been going entirely too well lately.

2:50 PM