Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Sunday, January 04, 2004


"MY SHIT'S FUCKED UP"

"I had a dream
Ah, shucks, oh, well
Now it's all fucked up
It's shot to hell"

-Warren Zevon
"My Shit's Fucked Up"

All you have to do is replace the word "dream" with the word "blog" and you have a pretty good idea what happened this afternoon. I was updating my links and adding some blogs, like I do maybe twice a week. I did it, saved it and posted. I even checked the blog after I did. Then I wrote all that nonsense about Howard Dean and published it. Then as I always do, I checked the blog to re-read it (yeah, I'm a narcissist, so sue me) and....98% of the right hand of the screen was gone. So I refreshed. Then I refreshed again. Then I checked the template. Then I had a fucking stroke.

Turns out that about 70% of the template just went "Poof!"Actually, I imagine that it went "Ka-Fucking- Blooey" but I can't be sure.

So now I get to fix it. Well, as much as I CAN fix it. The links and stuff I can do in a few days. The "What People Are Saying About skippy" section is mostly kaput though. See, Blogout went down a few weeks ago and that destroyed most everyone's comment history. So I'll put back up what I can (which is anything from the last three weeks) when I'm ready for that kind of pain. The site meter I should be able to get back without too much of a problem. The archives, I'm really not sure hat I can fix by myself. Good thing I've sucked lately, huh?

Indeed, Mr. Zevon....My blogs fucked up.

8:24 PM