|
|
Wednesday, February 18, 2004
|
|
ANOTHER IDEA I WAS GOING TO WRITE ABOUT
It turns out that the University of Colorado's football program has a small problem with rape. Who knew that football players, of all people could be so ill-mannered? And with the comments yesterday by Coach Gary Barnett, one of the last vestiges of my innocence is torn forever asunder.
Barnett told the press conference the following:
"It was obvious Katie was not very good. She was awful. You know what guys do? They respect your ability. You can be 90 years old, but if you can go out and play, they'll respect you. Katie was not only a girl, she was terrible. OK? There's no other way to say it."
English translation: "Sure, rape is wrong. But if she could kick a fucking football, assaulting her would've been a travesty. My attitude is 'fuck 'em if they can't play with the boys!' Okay, let me take back the 'fuck 'em' part before you jackals quote me out of context....."
I don't know what the world is coming to when you can't even go to a football coach for a little sympathy and compassion anymore.
Anyhow, I was going to write a big, long, borderline amusing post on this that no one would read but I don't have the intellectual or emotional energy right now.
Who knows? I might've been funny.
But in the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit?
|
|
|
| |