Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Thursday, February 12, 2004


LET THE GAMES BEGIN

It took less that two hours, but the Kerry/ intern story is building legs in Washington. This again from Drudge;

" CONRESSIONAL QUARTERLY'S CRAIG CRAWFORD SENDS TO ASSOCIATES IN E-MAIL: 'Drudge item on Kerry intern issue is something Chris Lehane (clark press secy) has shopped around for a long time -- it was one reason the Gore vetters in 2000 shied away from Kerry as a running mate choice -- their conclusion that it wasn't bad enough to disqualify him, except for the fact that they couldn't risk it as they were trying so hard to distance themselves from Clinton's personal failings (note: Lehane worked for Gore at the time -- and briefly advised Kerry during this campaign). The Kerry camp has long expected to deal with this, and have assured party leaders they can handle it.' Crawford reports that Lehane strenuously denies involvement. "

Chris Lahane is one of the nastier types in modern politics. He is a master of opposition research (which I wrote about at length during the California Recall. Check my October archives, if you have any questions.) Lehane was one of the very few effective players in the 2000 Gore campaign and then went to work for Gray Davis, until he got fired. Lahane also worked for....you guessed it, John Kerry until last year, when he either quit or was fired. Lahene then joined the Clark campaign where his job description seemingly consisted soley of nuturing various hate fucks. The New York Times wrote extensively about Lahane's doberman like instincts just last month, but I'll be damned if I pay for it.

This is my fun for the next little while, to see who jumps on the story first. As much fun as it would be if a major outlet like the New York Times hopped on first, I can only pray that Howard Dean goes on the first rant. That would be perfect!

"I understand that he banged her in Massachusettes and Virgina and Wisconsin! She went down on him in New York and Arizonia and Michigan! I can only imagine that he wants to take her to Washington, D.C and rail her from behind in the White House! YIEEEAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!"

That wouldn't be too much to ask, would it? I have so little fun.

UPDATE: WHAT THE FUCK? 2:59PM EST - No sooner do I finish this post than the AP, Washington Post and CNN all break in with the news that Clark is endorsing Kerry. Something fishy is going on here

UPDATE THE SECOND: WE HAVE A WINNER! 6:44PM EST - It turns out that in the media sweepstakes regarding Kerry's schvantz, the National Enquirer is running the story on it's front page tomorrow. This kinda sucks, insofar as it allows Kerry to say, "I will not dignify the allegations of a supermarket tabloid." On the other hand, Clinton took this line regarding the Gennifer Flowers story in '92, the media bought it and......opps, 6 years later, Clinton admits to having had "sexual relations with that woman." I doubt that Times and Post are willing to get bitten by that dog again. In effect, all Kerry will be doing is drawing out the story.

On the other hand, Kerry is such a gutless worm that he might deny the story while maintaining that he personally has nothing against adultery to secure the philanderer vote. He has a long history of switching positions like that. (Editor's note: I've been trying to think of a way to link that article all afternoon without writing another brutal anti-Kerry piece. I'm kinda lazy and I'm altogether to generous with you people with my time and energy. The time I spend writing this crap is time that I could spend masturbating. But I manage to post the link, tirade-free. I should get a giant banner that says "Mission Accomplished" and hang it over the top of my blog. Banners go well with flight suits, I hear.)

2:43 PM