|
|
Tuesday, February 10, 2004
|
|
WHY AMERICANS ARE SO CUTE
Ever since I've been on the 'net, I've heard Americans rail about how their government is the most corrupt on Earth. They're shockingly mislead on this. I'm pretty sure most of my readers never actually hit the links I post, but these ones might prove instructive. Have there been kickbacks and payoffs in American politics before? Absolutely. Have they taken four years to come light while in plain sight? Not to my knowledge.
And if you're a U.S politician accused of doing bad stuff involving money, what happens? Bad, bad stuff. If a Canadian politician gets accused of stuff like that, well then, he doesn't get to be Ambassador to Denmark anymore.
I should also note that Gagliano was a member of the cabinet and therefore, indestructable. He was posted as Ambassador to Denmark because of the allegations and not in spite of them. Unlike in the U.S, where it costs a ton of money, you have to fuck up pretty badly in Canada to wind up as an ambassador.
I'd post the entire Auditor General's report, but it's a Canadian government site and, of course, doesn't work.
UPDATE: Guess what? the link works now. You can find it here
|
|
|
| |