|
|
Monday, March 29, 2004
|
|
CHAMPANGE KISSES AND WHITE TRASH DREAMS
I noted in early December that I bought me a shiny new computer with a 17 inch monitor, a Pentium 4 processor and a DVD burner. I was impressed to no end as it only cost about $500.00. That's five bills Canadian, which works out to about 30 bucks US.
There was a small problem. It only had a 10 gig hard drive. I write and save all kinds of shit. Did you know how quickly you can fill 10 gigs? It took me about 4 months.
Then, about three weeks ago, the guy who built the comp for me told me that prices for what he sold me dropped through the floor. This made him feel bad and he knows my proclivity for eating hard drive space, so he offered to install a 30 gig slave drive on the house for me. Pretty sweet.
The installation was done today while I was at work (long story that I should be able to explain in the next few days.) When I got home, I found a little surprise waiting for me.
He had installed a cigarette lighter into the tower. I mean right into my computer! It's a car lighter actually. I didn't know you could even do that! The scary part is that I'm seriously impressed by this! I haven't used my portable lighter since I walked in the door.
In case you're wondering, I'm about three days away from moving into a trailer park and joining a militia.
Maybe if I buy a sixty gig drive next I can get him to install one of those pocket pussy things.
Then my life will be complete.
|
|
|
| |