Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Saturday, March 06, 2004


IT BEATS "THE DOG ATE MY HOMEWORK"

Apparently, Australia has a compulsory voting law. Or at least some it's states do. If you don't vote and don't have a really, really good excuse, you have to pay a fine. I think that mandatory participation in democracy is oddly undemocratic, but what the fuck do I know?

But if you need an excuse for not performing your civic duty, there's no beating this one. I wish, I had thought of it when I got called for jury duty a couple of years ago. Oh, speaking of jury duty, I should tell you that as a matter of Canadian law, I'm legally prohibited from discussing jury deliberations. Which means that I'll probably blog about it at some point. Yeah, I know...I'm a rebel.

I know that this post is kind of sucky, but I'm at a complete loss for something to write about.

Laters.

12:07 AM