Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Sunday, March 21, 2004


THE LEFT AND RIGHT AGREE - FREEDOM MUST BE STOPPED

I love it when I read stories like this one. It reaffirms for me that liberals are every bit as deplorable as they believe conservatives to be. As a matter of fact, liberals may even be worse.

There used to be a time, long, long ago, when both liberals and conservatives believed that freedom was a pretty positive thing. People could very politely agree to disagree and be done with it. That time ended around 1968. Both ends of the spectrum believe in some freedom, but it has to be a very specific kind of freedom. Conservatives believe strongly in the freedom to make a shitload of money and little else. Conservatives only actually believe in the freedom of and from religion when a federal court tells them that they can't put the ten commandments on the currency. They certainly aren't big on personal freedom. There's a long list of things that, if conservatives had their way, you wouldn't be able to do. These include, but are not limited to;

-Abortion.
-The ingestion of whatever substance you choose.
-Homosexual sex.
-Out of wedlock sex (Unless of course, you're already married and happen to be Speaker of the House of Representatives.)
-Suicide.
-The public use of profanity.
-Any protest that does not take place outide of an abortion clinic or, in a pinch, a federal courthouse.

Since I'm a fan of all of those things (with the exception of gay sex, no matter what drunk chicks in bars who think I'm cute say), I have a bug up my ass about conservatives. A really big one. Conservatives are absolutely no fun, unless they get elected to something and then they turn into the Best Boy on the set of Girls Gone Wild.

You would think that liberals would be more agreeable. To listen to liberals, you'd be under the impression that they're in love with freedom. But just like conservatives, they support certain kinds of freedom. Actually, one certain kind of freedom. You have the freedom to......Be liberal. God help you if you're not. I should refrain from that phrase, because liberals go insane if you publicly mention the possibility of a higher moral authority than say, Noam Chomsky or Susan Sontang.

Liberals particularly hate free speech. Well, specifically they hate free speech that isn't theirs. Liberal love to pontificate how tolerant and loving liberals are, and generally speaking, they are...Until you disagree with them. Then the left becomes about as tolerant as a Nuremberg Rally. Liberals are constantly saying that you can't say something. The level of moral superiority of the left is mind boggling when you consider the level of name calling they engage in should you disagree with them. If you disagree with abortion, you're "anti-woman", if you think that perhaps affirmative action has hurt the people it was designed to help, you're "racist." If you think the solution to Canada's unity problem is the complete destruction of Quebec and the enslavement of its populace then you're...Well, then you're me. But that's beside the point. My point is that there's no room for a well-intentioned difference of opinion. You're no longer merely wrong, you're EVIL!

Liberals, for all of their declared love of freedom, tend to use the most totalitarian tools to prove their point that they can find. For all their love of "diversity", they oppose dissent from their chosen party line with language that Joseph Stalin would've approved of in 1936. Liberals go to war with everyone who isn't liberal. Actually, it goes further than that. They go to war with everyone who isn't sufficiently liberal. Ever notice how the Greens decry Democrats as "corporate tools" or "no different than Republicans?" The biggest reason that liberals haven't made bigger strides in the United States is their tendency to eat their own. It's actually pretty fun to watch.

Me, I'm pro-choice right own the line. Have an abortion. Or not. Snort coke off of a stripper's ass cheeks. Or don't. Kill yourself. Or don't. Go to the town square and scream at the top of your lungs that everyone in the city government are vicious motherfuckers. Or don't. I could give a shit, really. None of those things affect me in the slightest. What you do is between you, your doctor, your family and your god, should you have one. But I do mind when you tell me that I can't do those things. And it really gets my panties in a knot when you call me a fascist because I don't want to throw a fucking parade because you want to do any of the above. Okay, I'll retract part of that statement. I probably would throw a parade if about 7 out of every 10 people exercised their right to commit suicide.

As much as young people becoming increasingly conservative (which most polling shows) annoys me, I understand why they are. Young people are rebellious, reactionary and soft-headed by nature. School administrators are almost universally liberal (if for no other reason that there's no money in education, which keeps conservatives away.) If a kid is told that he can't say, think or do something, guess what? That'll be the first thing they do. That's always been true. The difference is that kids aren't even rebelling in ways that are fun. When I was kid, if you wanted to rebel, you took a lot of drugs (drugs weren't a "medical problem" in the early 1980's.) Now if you want to rebel, you join the Junior Chamber of Commerce. And you don't even get the fun benefit of banging your secretary because it's only the Junior Chamber of Commerce.

There's now a generation of kids who are more conservative than their Boomer shithead parents and schools whose students are more conservative than their faculty. How many 50 year olds marched against the Vietnam War? Not many. But I was in the middle of a few of last year's anti-war marches and I can tell you from personal experience that maybe 40% of the marchers were well into their Maalox years and well into their second marriages. It's the exact opposite of 1968.

And the best part is that the liberals never saw it coming.

5:30 PM