|
|
Tuesday, March 16, 2004
|
|
TAKE IT FROM ME KIDS, PUNK ROCK CAN ONLY BREAK YOUR HEART
One the very few joys in my life was the Dead Milkmen. A great band and incredibly funny. No matter how fucking depressed I got, all it took was a few bars of "I Dream of Jesus" to make me smile. The Milkmen saw me through the worst ten years of my life and generally kept me smiling. That's why I was sad to hear the bassist Dave Blood couldn't smile more himself. He committed suicide last Wednesday. He was 47 years old.
In other news, a newly unearthed interview with seminal punk rock suicide, Kurt Cobain revealed that he wanted nothing more than to break up Nirvana and join Hole. Or perhaps he could have settled into a career like Johnny Cash's. Would he have been happy? Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know now.
And the long asked question, how do you out-punk the most punk punk, has been answered. And that answer is, do what Johnny Ramone did and become a Republican.
I tell ya, kids, that punk rock music will only break your heart.Labels: I Hate Music
|
|
|
| |