Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Saturday, March 06, 2004


THE TRUTH IS ANNOYING

Ordinarily, I don't pay much heed to quizzies. I use them for their entertainment value and I've found they come in handy when I'm too lazy or depressed to write something original. But I don't view them as a reflection on my personality or anything.

Except for this one that I found and then ruthlessly stole from Burnt Fuse.

Scroll in your toga?
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me
videre?
"Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you
just glad to see me?"
You're smooth, okay, but you also need a
girlfriend. Bad.


Which Weird Latin Phrase Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

I find myself disturbed by this one for the simple fact that it's true. Especially the needing a girlfriend bad part. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but as I grow older, I find the truth to be vulgar and ordinary. Yet, I'm constantly confronted with it.

Life is full of what Jim Carroll called "tiny tortures." (Editor's Note: "Tiny Tortures" was a chapter in Carroll's second book, "Forced Entries", which for my money is far superior to "The Basketball Diaries." You should all go read it. Now.)

1:26 AM