|
|
Tuesday, May 11, 2004
|
|
A MORAL QUANDRY
What exactly is too graphic to show the public? While I was taking a little break from blogging,the prisoner abuse scandal in Iraq broke but I didn't address it. After all, I was on my first extended blogging break in a year.
Then there was the release of the videotaped execution of Nick Berg. This is a tough judgement call. The images are widely available on the Internet and what they reveal has been wiely reported all day.
On the other hand, I think from time to time, people need to be reminded what the War on Terror is really all about. Even as new stories about the brave final moments of Daniel Pearl come out, I think people tend to forget the kind of people we're at war with.
It is in that spirit and that spirit alone that I've decided to link to the still photos. These are extremely graphic and very distirbuing viewing. I may very well change my mind about this and remove the link. However, since Drudge has posted the photos, I'm not entirely sure that what I do makes much of a difference either way.
|
|
|
| |