|
|
Monday, June 28, 2004
|
|
ELECTION UPDATE
Here is a link for the incoming results for the Canadian Federal Election. They should refresh automatically as the night continues. Not that anybody gives a fuck particularly.
Although I did managed to find a way to vote against the Liberals and the Conservatives without lowering myself to voting Green. It was especially bright because the party I ended up voting for, the Progressive Canadian Party, is only running 16 candidates across the country. A party needs 155 to win. I'm so cute. Oh, I'm told I have a very nice ass, too.
Toronto, is unsurprisingly, going solidly Liberal. Even the borderline retarded and potentially psychotic Dennis Mills is ruining the dreams of the borderline retarded and most definately psychotic leader of the NDP, Jack Layton. On one hand, I loathe Dennis Mills. On the other hand, I loathe Jack Layton more. On the third hand, Mills brought the Rolling Stones here for the SARS concert (DVD out tomorrow.) Advantage: Mills.
The networks just declared a Liberal minority government. Lots of ridings still haven't fully reported, but it looks like they'll win about 135 seats. Just like I predicted two weeks ago.
Remember I told you I was smart? You should believe me about my ass, too.
I still can't believe my political acumen isn't getting me laid.
Here are the results where I live. And here are the results from Dr. Reverend's riding (Ground Zero in the Layton/ Mills battle. Really, it's happening right there, in his living room. Mrs. Reverend is cooking them both some roast beef as we speak.)
UPDATE 11:29: Even though he hasn't be declared the winner of squat yet, Jack Layton is giving his victory speech. The way the numbers are adding up, he's now the most powerful man in Canada even if he doesn't have a seat in Parliament.
Oh, he gave his wife -who has just been thouroughly trashed by a man who hasn't spoken in public in years and may very well have died in 1996, Olivia Chow - her own microphone. Just like Yoko. And she's not saying anything into that mic, just looking up at Jack adoringly....it IS just like Yoko.
|
|
|
| |