Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Tuesday, June 22, 2004


HIGHER LEARNING

I'm sure everybody has their own school discipline nightmare stories. I myself remember a friend of mine in seventh grade whispering something to his girlfriend in class. My teacher was displeased by this and forced the two to stand at opposite ends of the classroom and stare at one another for a full 30 minutes as the rest of us watched silently. It was humiliating for everyone involved.

There was another kid in sixth grade who made an inappropriate comment about his testicles in gym class. My teacher, Mr. Kaposi -a man with the hideous soul of a Nazi- threw a basketball at the kids crotch. It was so wrong on so many different levels that I'll never forget the look on the kids face when the projectile made contact. It was harrowing.

Of course, I only went to Catholic school. It would have been so much worse had I have been educated in Japan.

Were this teacher's methods brutal ind odious? Yes.

On the other hand, I suspect kids will remain wide awake and highly attentive in his class from here on in.

Labels:

12:15 PM