Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Friday, June 04, 2004


"THANK YOU, COME AGAIN"

I don't need to tell you folks that I deplore racism. I deplore racism mostly because I find it intellectually lazy.

But what happens when the racism gets really creative? Can you hate the message while grudgingly admiring the medium?

It comes as an almost plesant surprise where you find genius where you don't expect it.

For example, who would've expected to find it in a guy working the till at a South Carolina Pizza Hut?

Then there are the children. While we can all agree that the message is ugly and wrong, shouldn't they at least acknowledge that they did took it upon himself to learn another language? I don't even think they should hold the spelling mistake against him. German is famously complicated, what with every single word in the vocabulary being at least 27 letters long.

Maybe racism will always be with us. On the other hand, if we must be cursed with such a scourge, it's good to see it expressed in new and exciting ways.

As you may have surmised, I really don't expect a whole lot from humanity.

10:19 AM