|
|
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
|
|
BURY ME A G
I love having the referrer that you see to the right and down a little. With this neat little tool, I've learned that people actually read this drivel. More people than I ever expected to. For over a year, I wrote under the pretense that all my hits came from about 12 people who use this blog as their own twisted version of a Skinner box. And these readers have opinions on me. Generally speaking, very nice opinions. Much nicer opinions than my writing actually deserves.
Naked Villiany and Velociworld have both said exceptionally nice things about me. Chaotic Not Random and Primal Purge continue to be among my strongest supporters. Hearty servings of traffic have come to me from Daimnation. I hope the readers who have come here from those blogs aren't disappointed. It might not seem like it, but some thought actually goes into how best give you folks a smile at least once a day. It feels good that you seem to enjoy it. Oh, who am I kidding? All the attention strokes my inner Sally Field.
I've been given several undeserved accolades for writing this garbage. But today, I learned that I've recieved the greatest adjective of them all.
I've been described as "pimpin'". Yup, it's true. You can read all about it here. I was further described this way;
"Skippy is an opinionated one, to say the very least. One of Sadie's favorite new blogs she found via Kilgore's site."
The Mirthful Ones is written by a couple named Jack and Sadie. Though Sadie has never commented here, she appears to be a big fan. Presumably, Jack thinks I'm an asshole. I generally concur.
But I love being described as "pimpin'". I should reveal something about myself that most of you don't know. I'm a white guy. A really white guy. Okay, I make Al Gore look like James Brown. Accordingly, I seek the approval of black culture. I aspire to one day be a really gawky Tupac. If it takes my getting shot a bunch of times to achieve this, so be it. I'm sure my girlfriend's soon to be former husband is willing to accomodate that.
But all of my life, I've craved hip hop lingo to describe me. As always, this is where you come in. Now that I'm officially "pimpin'", I want new sobriqets. I'm greedy like that. Consider it a homework assignment.
And, to quote the Maximun Leader, carry on.
|
|
|
| |