Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Tuesday, August 24, 2004


AUSTRALIAN POLITICS ARE FUN

Most of my American readers think they have the most corrupt politicians on Earth. Only those who live in New Jersey would happen to be right. Corruption in industrial democracies ordinarily have to do with financial impropriety. It's important to remember that James McGreevey isn't resigning because he is a titanic homo, he's resigning because he gave his fuck buddy a $110,000.00 a year state job for which he was wholly unqualified. While being a fairy would probably have annihilated him in the next primary, it alone probably isn't enough to have him removed from office.

And yes, I do intend to use every gay slur known to man. Learning that I love cock from Quizilla should have some benefits.

But other than Barney Frank, I've never heard of an American politician accused of pimping. On this, our Australian friends are light years ahead.

Firstly, it should be pointed out that prostitution is perfectly legal and heavily regulated Down Under. So, pandering is not an issue, just so long as the ho's turn their tricks in a licensed brothel. It's actually a very civilized approach and one that should be explored in North America. As Australia, Nevada and Amsterdam has all suffered no adverse social consequences from legalized prostitution, the straw man of "public morality" has pretty much been taken down. But this is all beside the point and I've written about it here before.

Here's where it gets good. One Sydney brothel is owned by a former Labor Party official. I can't tell you how fantastic this is. Okay, it's not McGreevey fantastic (or as my newfound butthugging brethren would say, "fabulous." But it's close.

Now, if prostitution is legal, how do you fuck up running a brothel? By employing underage girls, that's how. Jesus Christ and his seven dwarves, I love this story. This is the Australian equivalent of if say, Terry McAulliffe were discovered producing kiddie porn in his basement. And from my reading of the story, they didn't even ask the Labor Party for a comment. This implies that that sort of thing happens a lot.

If that's true, I hope my Australian readers let me know in the comments. Because if it is, I'm going to learn how to talk funny and move there. North American politics may not be freaky enough for my taste.

Permalink

7:54 AM