|
|
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
|
|
FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF HONESTY AND SHAME
I'll be honest, the first time I read about this story, I laughed. Hard.
To be fair, the original headline; "Fat Woman, Stuck to Couch, Dies" was a keeper.
The follow up story is downright depressing. Christ, what a horrible, humiliating to live. And I was going to write about how funny I thought the whole thing was.
I'm a truly horrible person.
There is one part of the story that jumped out at me though.
Strangely, there is no trace of Grinds in the 1981 Martin County High School yearbook, even though she attended that school for four years. Her name isn't there. Her picture is missing.
It is as if she never existed.
I actually went to five high schools. I appeared in precisely one yearbook. For all the others, I was just like Miss Grinds.
It was kind of neat at the time.
|
|
|
| |