|
|
Saturday, August 14, 2004
|
|
"HOG ON ICE" FOLLIES
I'm a big fan of Hog on Ice. I was a fan way back when it was called "Little Tiny Lies." Despite his often rabid right-wingery, Mr. Graham is a gifted, and often very amusing writer. Quite frankly, you should be reading him instead of me.
Actually, you should be reading everyone on my blogroll instead of me. Everyone I have listed is far superior to me as a writer. I suck and should be killed immediately.
One of the things I enjoy most about Steve's blog are his updates on the dynamics of his relationship with his painkiller-addled, attorney sister. The whole story is to darkly beautiful for someone like me to resist.
Well, it turns out that she's fucking her yard guy. Actually, she's not. That's what makes it funny. There's something beautifully ironic in the fact that the yard guy knows what the meaning of "is" is, when a member of the Florida bar apparently does not.
Anyway, the latest installment of "life with Steve's junkie sister" was highly entertaining. But then I had what people in recovery refer to as a "moment of clarity." I realized that I do not rise to the level of Steve's sister. Not professionally, intellectually or morally. Christ, in the life sweepstakes, I probably couldn't even beat the yard guy.
If I were smart, I would have hanged myself when I was 12.
|
|
|
| |