Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Saturday, September 04, 2004


THE POPE SHOULD SUCK MY BALLS: ANOTHER ANTI-PAPIST TIRADE

It goes without saying that few hate the Catholic Church like those that were raised within it. I'm such a person, and I've had an unparralled hate fuck for these people for well over twenty years now. There are very few individuals or institutions that I have a greater loathing for. Of course, my regular readers are already well aware of this.

It seems odd, even to me that I'm so compelled by the inner politics of the Church, but I am. On the other hand, I find the inner workings of the Democratic Party fascinating as well, and I'm not a huge fan of their's either. It might well be that my fascination with political structures is the only thing that makes me interesting. Not interesting enough to get me laid, mind you. Not even by a priest when I was a kid. This may be the source of my bitterness, but I'm not sure. I can't even imagine being able to afford the required therapy until I get my credit card balance under control.

But this afternoon, my hatred of the Church has been kicked into overdrive.

For those unaware, the Catholic Church has the full diplomatic force of an independent nation. The Vatican is not, is as widely assumed, a part of Rome, or even Italy. It is a sovereign state. Benito Mussolini saw to that in the 1920's. As a sovereign state, there are certain diplomatic nicities that are expected to be observed in relation to other nation states. These include minding your own fucking business. This is why you never hear about countries that ban abortion, like Mexico or Ireland harping on the United States for their legalization of it. Barring something universally wrong, like say, genocide, one nation pretty much ignores what another nation does withing its own borders.

Such has it been for centuries. It's worked out pretty well for everybody.

But somehow, for some reason that I'll never be able to fathom, Vatican City has gotten a pass on this rule. They're the international busybodies of human history. And no one has ever called them on it. Well, I am. Fuck them.

As a general rule, if an ambassador of one nation calls into question the domestic policies of another nation, that ambassador gets his creditials stripped and is ejected from the host nation. This is based on the principle that very few people like their neighbours pissing on their lawn.

Well, Vatican City just pissed on my lawn.

Today, the new ambassador of Canada presented his credentials to the Pope. "His Holiness" took this opportunity to denounce the recognition of same-sex marriage in the provinces of Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia. Were I an officer of the Canadian government, I would tactifully point out that Canada is less than appreciative of their people fucking our children. But we didn't. This is because Canadians are cowards.

I think that it's long past time that Canada took the position that if they're going to fuck with us, we should start fucking with them. There are several grounds for this. Firstly, it is illegal for a Canadian citizen to hold any office of a foreign government. Not to long ago, one of our wealthiest citizens, Conrad Black, was offered a seat in the British House of Lords. The Canadian government refused to allow his taking the seat as long as he remained a Canadian citizen. Black was forced to renounce his citizenship.

Using this logic, one can strongly argue that every Catholic priest in Canada holds an office of a foreign government Their pulpits are used every Sunday to essentially lobby governmental positions. Furthermore, priests and the Church as a whole are tax exempt. If a Canadian agent of any other foreign government conducted their buisness in such a manner, they would go directly to jail. There should come a time when my government asks a basic question, your office or your citizenship.

Then there are criminal matters that could very well be brought to the Church. That Catholic priests like to molest young boys is hardly a secret at this point. Historically, if a parent of a victim objected to said molestion and brought those objections to the attention to the Church, the Church would........move the preist to a new parish where there was a new crop of children. There is a legal term for this. It's called "criminal conspiracy." You may have heard of it,it's used against another predominately Itallian group, the Mafia, all the time. Do you really suppose that Vactican City doesn't have records of all of this? Does not turning them over not constitute an obstruction of justice?

Oh, I forgot. They have "soveriegn immunity." Unlike every country where these evil motherfuckers do business.

I'm sure everyone has heard of the vast "Jewish lobby" that is supposed to run Washington. Why doesn't that standard apply to to the Church? Just imagine for a moment that there was a resolution passed in the Knesset that all nations that don't practice, let's say, mandatory circumcision, were immoral. How do you suppose you would react were you a citizen of such a nation? I would posit, not well.

I'll never understand why most Westerners will decry the attitudes of a nation like Saudi Arabia as they embrace those of Vatican City. Upon close inspection, they aren't particularly distinct from one another. And any student of history will tell you that the methodology of the Church isn't all that different from that of al-Qaeda when it comes to killing innocents of a different faith.

As matter of fact, the Catholic Church is equilevent to al-Qaeda, and in several ways, they're worse.


Permalink

5:40 PM