|
|
Thursday, November 04, 2004
|
|
DISPATCHES FROM THE skippystalin APPRECIATION SOCIETY
I know, I know, my absence from my big dumb blog has affected you all greatly. Your concern, if misguided was greatly appreciated. Point of fact, I haven't had much time to read many blogs at all or even check my mail, but those that I have have demonstrated an outpouring of well-wishes like this.
Nice words and all, even when you factor in phrases like "skippy's souless span." Like so many of Smallholder's comments regarding me, I'd copy/paste it and load it into my "What People Are Saying About skippy" column, but Naked Villany's code makes that impossible.
But my personal favorite is an e-mail I recieved just this morning. It kind of ties in to Smallholder's point, if only in a more misguided, illiterate way. I reprint it here in full.
ok.. jesus christ.. you fucking kanadians can't handle yer blow jobs? one weekend of sex and yer whipped: pfft.. i tuned in to heasr about the election and yer still drooling cum? fuck Skippy you bitch.. lemmy hook you up next time ok? heh i'll expect a finders fee but you'll neve be online again..
This came to me from Obscure Malice.
Both missives compel me to dispel some illusions. Firstly, my relationship isn't what has been interfering with my posting.....at least not mostly. I will say that her inability to read this drivel has brought down my incentive to write it, that's not the whole reason. Mostly, I just haven't had the time. I've been working upwards of 16 hours a day for 6 days a week. Litterally, I haven't had the time or the energy to deal with this page and the complications that have arisen from the comments (which I think I'll reinstate, just as an experiment.)
But my relationship isn't the factor that has lead to my decreased posting. I've had the relationship, in several more complicated ways than I do now, for longer than I've had the blog.I'm just working a whole lot. Get used to it.
Of course, if Obscure Malice is who I think he is, he'll be glad to know that I'm not "still drooling cum," she is.
Feel better?
UPDATE: The Maximum Leader over at Naked Villiany has e-mailed a copiable version of Smallholder's post for those of you too fucking lazy to click a link. It reads as follows
Skippy has turned in a grand total of four posts since October 9.
Is this what happens when Skippy "gets happy?"
It's like Samson cutting his hair.
I miss my morning measure of malevolent misanthropic musings.
Ophelia, you have to help us out.
Dump Skippy. Dump him now.
Publicly.
As humiliatingly as possible.
Don't be selfish and think of your happiness together. Sacrifice sanity
so strangers can feel smugly superior to Skippy's shitty souless span.
Seriously.
Seriously, I'm happy for Skippy and hope he finds a way to return to
his political commentary soon; his blog was one of my favorite things
about the election season.
|
|
|
| |