Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Wednesday, September 20, 2006


A NOTE FROM YOUR HUMBLE NARRATOR

I received an e-mail from a reader on Monday night suggesting that I write a post about the failed penis transplant surgery in China that's been in the news of late. I actually started mapping out that post Monday morning, but Blogger was fucking with me and wouldn't let me post my pretty pictures. I might still get around to putting it together, but by the time I do, it'll probably be old news and everyone else on the planet will have done it, and better than I could.

Now there are other issues. Specifically, I have reason to believe that my operating system - and therefore my computer itself - might go poof at any time. this may happen or it may not. I'm entirely to stupid to know for sure either way.

For that reason, you should know that if there are no new posts for the next few days or so, I haven't run off to become a pirate or hanged myself in the closet, although both options are not without their appeal. I'm just having technical issues. And financial ones to boot.

As much as I engage in highly stupid exhibitionism here, there are some things that I don't discuss in public, and my financial condition is one of them. Doing so now literally makes my skin crawl. But the fact is that I'm nowhere near being in a position where I can lay out a few hundred bucks for a shiny new operating system. So if what I think is in the immediate future does come to pass, it might be a while before things are back up and running here.

In any event, I shall be housesitting for the great Dr. Reverend while he's on vacation beginning late next week and will be able to post regularly from there, assuming that I am unable to do so from here in my cave. Or I might just take an extended vacation from this fucking thing. Three years without a break can be kind of exhausting, particularly given the kind of writing I do, the research it involves and my total lack of natural ability. I haven't decided yet either way.

I'll continue posting here for as long as I am able, but if things grind to a sudden halt, you now know why. Under ordinary circumstances, I wouldn't mention this at all, but I know that some of you have grown sort of attached to my dopey little musings. Despite my own expectations or your own good sense, you all seem like me - you really, really like me. There, I finally did it. I got all Sally Field on you.

I just figured that you all deserved to know what's happening and why if I suddenly disappear. Now you do.

Labels:

11:59 AM