Photobucket Enjoy Every Sandwich



Wednesday, August 08, 2007


DEAR CRANKY OLD GUY FROM LAST NIGHT'S DEMOCRATIC DEBATE

Since I'm far too repulsive for any reasonable woman to have sex with, I find that I have a great deal of time on my hands to focus on the great issues facing the world today. But that would be hard and I'm an idiot.

So, instead of doing that, I watched the AFL-CIO sponsored Democratic debate from Chicago last night. It was quite the spectacle. Hillary Clinton, despite the unanimous opinion of pretty much everyone to the contrary, declared - in the most sexless way imagineable - that "I'm your girl!" Also, Barack Obama threatened to use military force against Saskatchewan if the president of Manitoba doesn't cooperate with his strategy in the Global War on Terror. John Edwards was a consistently useless, yet spectacular tool. There were other people there too, but no one knows their names.

And that's pretty much all that Keith Olberman and his Seven Dwarves managed to accomplish last night. The whole thing was a meangingless exercise that served only to make the mobbed-up feel loved by the Democratic Party. I'm amazed that no one asked for a moment of silence to remember Jimmy Hoffa.

To be fair, the event wasn't completely useless. There was a Cranky Old Guy there who got to vent his spleen. Spleen venting must be pretty painful when you get past a certain age, because Cranky Old Guy could barely hold back his fucking waterworks.

Here's Cranky Old Guy's Question;

"After 34 years with LTV Steel, I was forced to retire because of a disability. Two years later, LTV filed bankruptcy. I lost a third of my pension, and my family lost their health care. Every day of my life, I sit at the kitchen table across from the woman who devoted 36 years of her life to my family, and I can't afford to pay for her health care. What's wrong with America and what will you do to change it?"



I was mystified by Cranky Old Guy, if for no other reason than I was under the impression that steelworkers aren't pussies. Seriously, I thought those cats beat some ass and buried the bodies somewhere in New Jersey, never to be found again. Who knew they could get all fucking weepy at debates that no one but me watches?

It should go without saying that the goddamn liberal media fell in Love with Cranky Old Guy and he's been on television non-stop for 24 hours now. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Cranky Old Guy with his own daytime talk show in three months badgering teenage transvestites with nonsense like "Okay Jimmy, I admit it. You're ass looks great in that skirt. If I wasn't so worried about my wife's health care, I'd probably fuck that ass. Now what's wrong with America and what are you going to do about it?"

What none of the retards in the Democratic Party or the goddamn liberal media thought to do was check out Cranky Old Guy some and ask him a couple of pointed questions. These questions would be something along the lines of "Union executives don't get benefits? Since when?"

Yeah, Cranky Old Guy was willing to tell you all about being "forced to retire," but he wasn't so quick to hip you to the fact that he's on the Executive Committee of the United Steelworkers Organization of Retirees. Guess what? The AFL-CIO's blog didn't mention Cranky Old Guy's hobby, either? Maybe a detail like that isn't very important. All I know is that I learned about it by Googling "Steve Skvara" and there it was, right on the front page.

Anyhow, I'd like to write a heartfelt open letter to Cranky Old Guy. I hope it touches him as much to read it as it touched me to write it.

Dear Cranky Old Guy,

Who in the fuck do you think you are? Jesus Christ, if everybody knew what a whiny little bitch you were going to be, we'd have changed the channel. Don't you know there are important things going on out there in the world? I may have missed some very important breaking news about what a crazy whore Britney Spears is because of your little outburst.

Look, just because everybody currently running for president is acting like Oprah, that's no reason to encourage those assholes. Furthermore, I don't leave my television tuned to MSNBC to learn that corporations are evil and government is incompetent. I leave my TV on MSNBC because I'm too lazy to reach for the remote and even if I wasn't, my hands are jammed roughly down the front of my pants. You see, I'm just as helpless as you are.

And for the record, I learned everything I needed to know about corporations and government in the third grade.

Being cranky and old, I can only assume that you're schooled in the ways of the world. That being the case, didn't you feel just a little silly crying to a guy in a $2,000.00 suit with a $400.00 haircut about how mean the company is? You do realize that the really pretty guy you were talking to last night gets paid $55,000.00 a night to talk about how sad poverty is, right? You're not a person to John Edwards, you're political pornography, created only for his masturbatory satisfaction. And his chances of ever being president are only slightly better than mine are and I can't run.

Being slightly older than you are cranky, you likely remember a time when unions demanded the right to collective bargaining so that they can negotiate concessions from management. Now it appears that AFL-CIO wants those concessions guaranteed and enforced by the government. Doesn't that imply that the entire union movement is a monumental failure and exists only to swindle its members? While the government isn't yet as corrupt as organized labor, there are any number of Kennedys out there who can be consulted.

I just have one request of you, Cranky Old Guy. Could you possibly show up at a Republican debate in the middle of September? It'll be fun watching Fred Thompson kick your ass and pee on your whimpering form. Maybe you could bring the wife.

Oh shit, gotta go. Britney's done something crazy again!

Your Friend,

skippy


Easy Listening Recommendation of the Day: The River By: Bruce Springsteen From: The River

Permalink

Labels: ,

7:52 PM